Saturday, 25 August 2012
Tuesday, 21 August 2012
This is for my friend Tyburn. I know I'm too late with this entry but, all the same I'll try and make up for it!
1. What was your favourite childhood toy?
Lego castles, warships and spaceships. I was very skilled with it to, well I thought so
2. What is your favourite domesticated animal?
Dog. Specifically French Bulldog, and West Highland White Terrier. Both of which I own.
3. Who is your favourite fictional/legendary character, and why?
Sherlock Holmes- The thing I love about Sherlock is really his tunnel mindedness, I can respect people who have a vision and stick to it. Also that Holmes/Watson duo is something I've always wanted. Its nice to have someone at your back
4. Who is your favourite historical character, and why?
Sir Winston Spencer Churchill. Well as you may have guessed I do rather admire him. The reasons for this have something to do with the fact that without him. It is very possible to this day Swastika banners would be hung from Sydney to Washington to London and Paris. We narrowly avoided a very dark thousand years...
5. Who is your favourite saint/Biblical character, and why?
King David. The David and Goliath struggle is something that has echoed throughout the ages. Small can defeat big etc. But also the fact that despite his flaws, God still had faith in him. I find that reassuring.
6. What is your favourite type of music/musical group?
Hard to say, I'm a very unfogey fogey in that respect. My iphone has everything from modern music to Schubert's trout symphony. I keep an open mind I suppose.
7. What is your favourite quote?
''All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing''.--Edmund Burke
8. What are your favourite meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert)?
Dinner by far. Roast lamb rack and baked vegetables if I have the choice.
9. What is your favourite flower/plant?
The Thistle of Scotland- it represents my heritage and I do like what it represents. And the Australian frangipani, I have one in my backyard, it is very beautiful flower that as far as I know is unique to the countries north
10. When was a time you felt particularly inspired by something?
I hope I don't come off as extreme when I say this...but probably 9/11. I was slapped out of the fantasy that the world was one big happy family. I realised there and then that there was evil still in this world, that denying it will only make it grow and that we as united family of nations must stand as one. That is why I grew to admire Churchill so much, he fought against an evil enemy abroad and naysayers at home.
11. What are some of the causes you feel are worth fighting for?
Freedom. If you fight for that then all the benifits trickle down from it