Friday 22 June 2012

End of the House of Lords

The so called conservative government, has decided not to hold an election on the House of Lords. Cameron wants to see the number of lords reduced from 900 to 300, and make 80% of them elected. The House of Commons will be given more power. I don't believe it, I do, I'm not surprised but honestly. Labour is criticising this decision! It would appear that the traditional roles of the parties have been reveresed. I'm not going to say any more on this. I'm actually far too mad to even have a rant.
You can read about it in detail here-http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9350500/No-referendum-on-Lords-reform-rules-David-Cameron.html  

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Cameron is proving to be an almost complete numbskull. It seems like he's actively courting the destruction of his country. Morals, Tradition, and common sense seem to have taken flight. He has such an open mind that his brains have fallen out! We're having the same problems with dear, sweet, honest, Pres. Obama.

    What would you suggest would be the best way to combat these unwated changes, Last Churchillian?

    If your interested in reading one of my recent rants, I'd love your comments on my new blog post, "False Fronts..."

    God Bless,
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete